“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. (2
Corinthians 1:20 NIV).
For Reading and Meditation:2 Cor. 1:10-20
Have you ever faced disappointment in life? Have you been so hopeful as a result of a promise someone made to you but only to be disappointed? This is not a surprise because the promise was made by a fellow human being. But do you know that God does not fail at all? Throughout the Bible there are some seemingly impossible things that God promised. For example, God promised Abraham a son when he was already 99yrs old, promised to give the land of Canaan to Abraham’s descendants, promised to
deliver the Israelites from Egypt, promised to make rivers of waters in the wilderness, bring water out of a rock, promised virgin Mary a Son without
relationship with a man, etc. All these God fulfilled.
His promises are Yes and Amen in Jesus Christ. Nothing is too difficult for him to bring to pass. We are confident that God will never fail in His promises for the Bible says “For thou hast magnified thy word
above all thy name.” (Psalm 138:2). Brethren, I guarantee you one thing today that it is not God that will fail His side of His covenant with you. His promises are ever sure. Trust in him as he had been trusted by the Saints of old and you will be glad you did.
1. Lord I worship you because of who You are. You are beyond human comprehension. Glory be to You O God!
2. Every spirit of disappointment that is following me, I destroy you in the name of Jesus Christ!
3. You spirit of near success syndrome, I imprison you forever in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
4. As believers from all over Nigeria, we decree over this nation that every power behind the failure of our government be destroyed by the power of God in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. I refuse to be a beggar. I will not beg to eat. I decree over my life that I am a giver and not a beggar in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
6. Power of God fall upon my life and business. Let every power of disappointment disappear in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen!
7. O Lord, release upon me the spirit of obedience to your Word. Help me to follow you till the end in Jesus’ name. Amen.
8. I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus Christ. I declare myself untouchable in the mighty name of Jesus Christ! Amen!
9. By the power of the living God, I cut off every tongue that is accusing me and my family in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
10. God, please bless me abundantly so that I can fulfill my vows in your house and also settle all those I promised. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
God is always proving to mankind that he is the Lord by intervening in difficult times