DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 15TH JULY 2020
“Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, we should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it”. (Numbers 13:30
For Reading and Meditation: Num. 13:20-30
The topic is one which emphasizes confidence in a commitment to actualize a divine expectation. God commanded Moses to pick a man from each tribe of Israel to search out the land of Canaan to see what the land is like, whether the people of the land are strong or weak, few or many etc. Caleb and Joshua were in the team to spy the land.
The land was a promising one. They returned with fruit evidential report; however, a serious act of disagreement came from among them. They actually down sized their own strength and ability to conquer because they saw high walls, giants, the Anacks strong people and fortified towns. Their heart certainty failed them. But Caleb shunned the people before Moses and declared “ Let’s go at once to take the land”, he said, we can certainly conquer it” (Vs 30 NLT).
We must understand first that God had given that land to their ancestor Abraham. Secondly, what is
yours is yours, it does not matter how long the deed was signed. Only, your mind must be made up – mind set. Once that is settled, confidence is established. And your faith wells up within you with courage to lay claim on your blessings not minding who or what stands on your way. You must see beyond the obstacles of life to that which God has given to you, not the enemies who want to stop you. They will surely melt away because God is on your side. You will conquer your barriers and distractors.
We are able to go up and take the country, to possess the land from Jordan to the sea, thought the giants may be on our way to hinder, God will surely give us victory.
1. Appreciate God who keeps you alive in a time like this.
2. Thank God for the privilege of being among God’s people.
3. Ask the Lord to make you strong as you meet with obstacles.
4. Give me grace, O God to silent all my distractors.
5. I overcome and conquer every enemy standing on the way to my breakthrough.
6. Father give me courage to stand at all time.
7. Confirm my confidence by my victories O God.
8. Let me not be ignorant of my inheritance in Christ Jesus, O God.
9. Help me O Lord to identify all my God given blessings.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Strength and determination breed courage to take the bull by the horn.