DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 8TH JULY 2020
“When Abram was Ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty, walk before me faithfully and be blameless”. (Gen 17:1 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Gen. 17:1-8
And when Abraham was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abraham, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. In this chapter, the writer speaks of God’s covenant with Abraham, an outward sign of a relationship between God and Israel, that reveals God’s instruction to Abram in verse one(1)… the Lord appeared to Abram, an said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me and be thou perfect.
All his life he never departed from trusting God neither did he go back to Haram the place of his father’s idols and shrine. He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness (Rom. 4:3 NIV). If a man works his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness, this is Abram’s story.
So, we could understand from the above that a genuine, uncompromising relationship with God, as a believer who have accepted Jesus as Lord, shares in the promises of God to Abram. Therefore, you are born again into this promise by faith, in simple obedience to God’s word. Abram never compromised his faith in God. It’s therefore imperatively right for any believer to stick to what he holds righteous, holy and pure in serving the Lord, without deviating from the norms of the Christian faith.
1. Thank God for His mercies and privilege of knowing Him.
2. Thank Him for His grace at work in your life.
3. Praise God for His protection and guidance through the journey of faith.
4. In this journey, O Lord make and keep me strong.
5. Help me Lord to remain steadfast in the name of Jesus
6. Help me O Lord, never to compromise my faith.
7. In my daily work with you, never let me forsake you, in the name of Jesus.
8. Do not let my feet to slide in this journey of faith in the name of Jesus.
9. Give me grace to walk wholeheartedly with you and in you in the name of Jesus.
10. Thank God for answered prayer.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
The man who walks with God cannot fall by the wayside.