When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. (Genesis 15:17 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation:2 Cor. 1:10-20
Introduction: “Wilderness,” is an experience referring to the times of God’s tests and trials in our lives. It is a time of waiting patiently for God’s purpose, plan, promises and prophecy to come to pass. All believers in the Lord share this common experience. Apostle Paul relates how all of our forefathers were under the cloud, and how they all passed through the sea (1 Cor. 10-1-3). They all spent some time in the wilderness.
Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Elijah were there. Even Jesus was there.
More often than not, wilderness experience come
between promise and fulfilment as it appears in our come from your own body shall be your heir.” He promise to multiply his decendant, He said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them, so shall your descendants be.” God also promise to give Abraham and his decendant the land of Canaan. (Gen.15:4-7). But between this promise and it’s fulfillment, there will come a wilderness experience (symbolize by
“smoking oven and a burning torch” where his “descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years”. Gen. 15:8. The wilderness period can last for days, or years, depending on God’s time and His intervention. Wilderness experience doesn’t show that God has forgotten His promise or abandon you in your wilderness. He said, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you” (ISAIAH 43:2).
It may interest you to know that, In Hebrew, the word for “wilderness” is midbar. And the root of midbar has the meaning of “speak” or “word.” Hence God speaks to intervene in our wilderness. He is present in our wilderness to protect, preserve and ensure that you come out of the dark hours (that endures only for a night) and experience a new dawn of joy. In today’s DIVINE ENCOUNTER, if you believe, God has shortened and terminated your wilderness experience and your new dawn has come, in Jesus name. Jesus said, “for text today. When Abraham was worried about
having a heir, thinking that Eliazer his chief servant shall be his heir, but God spoke to Abraham saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened” (Matt.24:22).
1. Thank God for His faithfulness in sustaining, protecting and preserving my life and His good plans for me.
2. My Father and my God, any wilderness experience in the form of reproach, shame, disgrace, set back or sickness in my life, as I
begin to prayer now, expire by fire in Jesus name.
3. MY FATHER! I declare in the name of Jesus, MY WILDERNESS EXPIRE TODAY (7×).
4. Any power assigned to cage me in my wilderness, delay my coming out of
wilderness or kill me in my wilderness, catch fire in the name of Jesus.
5. O’ God my Father, all those using evil power to mock me in my father’s house and my mother’s house, backfire in Jesus name.
6. Oh Lord, let all those who have reproached me today come back to serve me just like the brothers of Joseph served him in Jesus name.
7. Oh Lord, roll away all physical and spiritual reproach in my life today in Jesus name.
8. Father, I declare that for every shame and reproach I have suffered, I shall be rendered double honor in Jesus name.
9. My Father and my God, by Your fire and thunder, I come out of my wilderness today in the name of Jesus.
10. Every condition representing night in my life, that has endured till today, your time is over, expire by fire in Jesus.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
A wildness on your way is a sure evidence that there is a Promised Land ahead of you. Don’t give up!