”Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.” (Genesis 21:2 NIV)
For Reading and meditation: Gen. 17:1-11; 21:1-3
God is a God of integrity. He stands by his word, just as God does not change, He can never change anything He has said concerning us. God can do all things, but the only thing God cannot do is to tell a lie, He cannot lie because it is not His nature. God is a covenant keeper and he is ever faithful to His promises. The fact that we experience delay many times does not mean God has forsaken or denied us.
He knows the right time to bring to pass that which He has said concerning you, He has made everything beautiful in its time, He has also set eternity in the heart of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Because many times, we don’t know the mind and will of God for our lives, we think God has abandoned us and does not care any longer.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, “I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. Because of God’s love for us, He will not change his plan even if we decide today to change, because the plan of God
for us is always the best. According to our readings for today, God made promised to Abraham and Sarah that he will give them heir that will take over from them. But after many years that promised did not come through, both of them lost faith in God. Satan lied to them that It was not possible for them to have the promised child and that it was already late. But God intervene to show to them that It was possible for them to have their promised child even in old aged. With God all things are possible, for that
which is impossible with man is possible with God. With God nothing is too late, God is always on point. Whatever God has promised you according to his purpose for your life, He will do it, don’t give up. We have enough evidence in the scriptures to show that God cannot lie, he has always been faithful to his word. “As the rain and the due come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields
seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what in desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah55:10-11) No matter what you are passing
through right now, count on God’s faithfulness.
1. Father thank you for your Word that will be fulfilled in my life today.
2. Every evil prophecy hanging over my life be destroyed by fire.
3. My father my God any evil word spoken that is fighting my life, scatter by fire.
4. Father, let every evil handwriting of ordinances that is against me be nailed to the cross in Jesus name – Colossians 2:14.
5. Every voice speaking against my opportunities be silent and die in Jesus’ name .
6. Father let my life be evidence of your great miracles in Jesus name.
7. You powers chasing miracles away from me be separated from me now in Jesus’ name.
8. My Father my Maker give me a miracle that will put laughter in my mouth.
9. Glory of the living God possess me and announce my name for good in Jesus’ name
10. Every satanic police assigned to arrest my glory, catch fire and die in Jesus’ name
11. Check point of darkness assigned to stop my progress, scatter now in Jesus’ name
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“The one who called you is faithful and he will do it”.