DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 22ND JULY 2020
“At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.” (Titus 3:3 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Titus 3:1-4
Once in the world is the statement or the confession of the regenerated believers. It is a phrase that indicates one is now a new person in Christ. Are you still in the world or once in the world? The text makes it explicit that at one time we were foolish but now wise, disobedient at a time but now obedient, at a time enslaved but now gained freedom from all oppression , passion and pleasure of the world.
Now that you are in Christ and not in the world, you are now a new creature, old things have passed away all things have become new. (2Cor.5:17). While in the world, you might have lived the life of disobedience which brought the wrath of God but now in Christ have become an obedient child of God, you are no longer under the wrath of God but adopted child of God through Christ. You are now the inheritor of the kingdom of God. (Rom.8:15- 17). Now that you have become the inheritor of the kingdom of God the following must now become the way of your life:
1. Holy Living: The world is sinful and corrupt, but now you have come out of the corruption of the world, you must not touch unclean things. You are been separated from them (2Cor.6:17-18).
2. Life of Dominion: You are given power over the devil and the world. The devil and his cohorts have no power to enslave you any longer. You have the right to allow and disallow anything to exist in your life(Matt.18:18). Sickness, poverty, barrenness and joblessness that are projected by the enemies are the thing of the past, your stories have changed. You are to be in good health, riches, fruitfulness etc. that is what you are now. Jesus said, “I come so that they may have life more abundantly” (John.10:10b). May you have your abundant life in Jesus’ name Amen.
3. Living in love with God and man: Now your love for Christ is inseparable. Nothing can now separate you from the love of Christ (Roman.8:35). Now in Christ you are more than conqueror. When we were in the word we hate, but now in Christ we are to love our neighbors. In the time past, you are in the world, but now you are walking in the light of life. darkness has no power over you. Therefore, ‘Rise, shine for your light has come and the glory of God is risen upon you’ (Isaiah.60:1).
1. Give thanks to God, for Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.
2. Lord Jesus, help me to be in the world but live like one that is not of the world.
3. Lord Jesus, I will not go back to the world any more, but remain in you all the days of my life.
4. O God my father, your word says whoever that is in Christ is a new creature, Lord give me your divine nature in Jesus’ name.
5. O God, let every old thing in my life that is connected to the devil pass away in Jesus’ name.
6. Lord Jesus, let my life be patterned according to your image and likeness all the days of my life.
7. Now that I am in Christ Jesus, Lord God make me to inherit your blessings in Gen.1:28.
8. My father and my God, build your hedge around me and my family, as you did to Job.
9. Lord Jesus, whatever I gave my life to before my repentance, that are still having bad influence on me, I command them to receive fire now!
10. Lord Jesus, take away every filthy garment from me and put on me the garment of favour, success and victory.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Now you are saved through the washing of rebirth and the renewal of the Holy Spirit to remain Christ’s.
DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 15TH JULY 2020
“Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, we should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it”. (Numbers 13:30
For Reading and Meditation: Num. 13:20-30
The topic is one which emphasizes confidence in a commitment to actualize a divine expectation. God commanded Moses to pick a man from each tribe of Israel to search out the land of Canaan to see what the land is like, whether the people of the land are strong or weak, few or many etc. Caleb and Joshua were in the team to spy the land.
The land was a promising one. They returned with fruit evidential report; however, a serious act of disagreement came from among them. They actually down sized their own strength and ability to conquer because they saw high walls, giants, the Anacks strong people and fortified towns. Their heart certainty failed them. But Caleb shunned the people before Moses and declared “ Let’s go at once to take the land”, he said, we can certainly conquer it” (Vs 30 NLT).
We must understand first that God had given that land to their ancestor Abraham. Secondly, what is
yours is yours, it does not matter how long the deed was signed. Only, your mind must be made up – mind set. Once that is settled, confidence is established. And your faith wells up within you with courage to lay claim on your blessings not minding who or what stands on your way. You must see beyond the obstacles of life to that which God has given to you, not the enemies who want to stop you. They will surely melt away because God is on your side. You will conquer your barriers and distractors.
We are able to go up and take the country, to possess the land from Jordan to the sea, thought the giants may be on our way to hinder, God will surely give us victory.
1. Appreciate God who keeps you alive in a time like this.
2. Thank God for the privilege of being among God’s people.
3. Ask the Lord to make you strong as you meet with obstacles.
4. Give me grace, O God to silent all my distractors.
5. I overcome and conquer every enemy standing on the way to my breakthrough.
6. Father give me courage to stand at all time.
7. Confirm my confidence by my victories O God.
8. Let me not be ignorant of my inheritance in Christ Jesus, O God.
9. Help me O Lord to identify all my God given blessings.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Strength and determination breed courage to take the bull by the horn.
DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 1ST JULY 2020
“He is the Rock, His work is perfect, for all His ways are just. A God of faithfulness who does no wrong, upright and just is He”. (Deuteronomy 32:4 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Deut.32:1-4
The atheist believes not in the existence of God. The philosopher sees miracles as mere coincidence of natural occurrence, and the traditionalist sees God in natural phenomenon. However, suffice to note that the man who handles, pills and sucks the orange can explain accurately the taste of the orange (Jer. 9:24).
God is supreme, the all-powerful, all authority is in His hands. Without any human, political or religious interference, He does everything perfectly and by no man’s permission. He crates all things for His own purpose. He is our rock upon which anyone who believes stand and will never fall. In the study of religion, God is the only ultimate reality all other realities depend on. By Him all things are created.
He possesses all the rights and power over creation and whatever He does is perfect. He is the sovereign Lord. When you put your faith and trust in Him, you cannot fail nor be disappointed. He will perfect His plan concerning your life, He will heal you, He will deliver you. Breakthrough is on your side, joy is on your side, shout I receive it.
1. Appreciate God for His faithfulness towards you.
2. Thank God for His knowledge in your life.
3. I receive the life of God in me.
4. Release, O God your creative power in my life afresh.
5. I curse every evil plantation in my life, die by fire.
6. Blood of Jesus enter my blood stream and cleanse me.
7. I break every cage of household wickedness in Jesus name.
8. Any evil monitoring gadget over my life brake by fire in the name of Jesus.
9. Every networking holding me down, I pull you down in the name of Jesus.
10. Thank God and rejoice for your victory.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
God is the Only reliable Ultimate reality.