”He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be Still” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.” (Mark 4:39 NIV)
For reading and meditation: Mark 4:37-41
E very successful man in this world is one that chooses to overcome challenges, despise the size of the challenge and focus on victory. Storms are challenges, trials obstacles etc. that come your way to prevent you from journeying smoothly or stop you from achieving your aims. Successful people meet with storms too but they, instead of surrendering to the storm, make the best use of their storms; instead of their storms maiming
them, they make them, and leave them stronger. Jesus Christ rebuked his disciples for not despising the storm that came across their way. Jesus Christ
rebuked the wind and the storm saying, “Peace, be still” (Mark 4:39), and there was a calm. But do you know that Jesus Christ despised the storm and was fast asleep? You too can, you can choose to live beyond your predicaments by despising them instead of wallowing daily in your sorrow, lamenting and blaming others for their disservice to you, and devising the best means to express your anguish. I advise you to “cast all your cares upon Him (God)” (1 Pet 5:7), believing He cares for you. Despise your storms as if they never existed and move on with your life.
If Jesus Christ despised the storm you too can. Remember, “…as he is, so are we in this world.” (1 John 4:17).
1. Lord I worship you forever and ever. You are God in my life forever. This is my confession. Amen.
2. I receive grace to be focused in life. I refuse to be distracted in Jesus’ name. Amen.
3. In the name of Jesus Christ, I destroy the power of every storm over my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
4. I command every evil wind and every storm to be silenced in my life forever. Amen.
5. O Lord my Father, this year 2020, I don’t want to cry because of problems, instead may I praise you because of my victory over my problems.
6. You stubborn storm in my life receive calmness now in the name of Jesus Christ! Amen.
7. I refuse to allow my mind to be troubled. I speak the peace of the Holy Ghost into my life and family.
8. O you mountain of wickedness I command you to become a plain in Jesus’ name. Amen.
9. Let us pray for all divine encounter ministers. Pray that God should fill them with His power.
10. Let us remember all those that are in trouble. Pray that God should grant them peace.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Jesus Christ slept in the midst of the storm. This is true peace! Can you allow yourself to experience peace in the midst of that storm?