DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 16TH SEPTEMBER 2020
”Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” (1 Corinth.9:24 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: 1 Cor. 9:24-27
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run but only one gets the price? Run in such a way as to get the price. Everyone who competes in a game goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly.
“I do not fight like a man beating the air I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize” (1 cor 9:27) God forbid. Paul was fascinated by the picture of the athletes. An athlete must train with intensity if he is to win his contest. Life is a battle. To win the battle of life and to be victorious in the race demands discipline. We must discipline our bodies for spiritual fitness.
Before one can receive the prize in the games, he has to commit himself to the task of the race. In order to finish and finish well the Christian race, one must exercise a high commitment and discipline. Paul said, “I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid off by Jesus Christ”. In this spiritual race, Jesus is our focus and target. Always fix your eyes on him and let no one distract your attention with feeble words. There is a prize for steadfastness, faithfulness, obedience, honesty and truthfulness.
The running contestant receives a crown that perishes but your reward is the crown of glory which cannot perish. Therefore, run with speed and with faith and win the prize.
1. I command the mouth that will mention my name for blessing to speak out in Jesus’ name.
2. I receive the strength to run my race and to finish well.
3. Any accident on the road to my success, I reject you by fire in the name of Jesus.
4. I wear the crown of success, promotion, glorification, jubilation and celebration in Jesus name.
5. All side attractions that are hindrances to movement, I reject you.
6. Lord Jesus, through your grace I shall never labor in vain.
7. Every power, taking away the reward of my labor, scatter by fire.
8. Every altar in my father house that wants me to labor in vain, you shall wait in vain in Jesus name.
9. I receive the grace to run and over take every stumbling block in Jesus name.
10. Father, after my labor on earth, give me the prize of eternal life.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
It is not who gets there first but he who gets there that counts, therefore, it is never too late for you to start the race now.