DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 22ND JULY 2020
“At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.” (Titus 3:3 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Titus 3:1-4
Once in the world is the statement or the confession of the regenerated believers. It is a phrase that indicates one is now a new person in Christ. Are you still in the world or once in the world? The text makes it explicit that at one time we were foolish but now wise, disobedient at a time but now obedient, at a time enslaved but now gained freedom from all oppression , passion and pleasure of the world.
Now that you are in Christ and not in the world, you are now a new creature, old things have passed away all things have become new. (2Cor.5:17). While in the world, you might have lived the life of disobedience which brought the wrath of God but now in Christ have become an obedient child of God, you are no longer under the wrath of God but adopted child of God through Christ. You are now the inheritor of the kingdom of God. (Rom.8:15- 17). Now that you have become the inheritor of the kingdom of God the following must now become the way of your life:
1. Holy Living: The world is sinful and corrupt, but now you have come out of the corruption of the world, you must not touch unclean things. You are been separated from them (2Cor.6:17-18).
2. Life of Dominion: You are given power over the devil and the world. The devil and his cohorts have no power to enslave you any longer. You have the right to allow and disallow anything to exist in your life(Matt.18:18). Sickness, poverty, barrenness and joblessness that are projected by the enemies are the thing of the past, your stories have changed. You are to be in good health, riches, fruitfulness etc. that is what you are now. Jesus said, “I come so that they may have life more abundantly” (John.10:10b). May you have your abundant life in Jesus’ name Amen.
3. Living in love with God and man: Now your love for Christ is inseparable. Nothing can now separate you from the love of Christ (Roman.8:35). Now in Christ you are more than conqueror. When we were in the word we hate, but now in Christ we are to love our neighbors. In the time past, you are in the world, but now you are walking in the light of life. darkness has no power over you. Therefore, ‘Rise, shine for your light has come and the glory of God is risen upon you’ (Isaiah.60:1).
1. Give thanks to God, for Christ died for us while we were yet sinners.
2. Lord Jesus, help me to be in the world but live like one that is not of the world.
3. Lord Jesus, I will not go back to the world any more, but remain in you all the days of my life.
4. O God my father, your word says whoever that is in Christ is a new creature, Lord give me your divine nature in Jesus’ name.
5. O God, let every old thing in my life that is connected to the devil pass away in Jesus’ name.
6. Lord Jesus, let my life be patterned according to your image and likeness all the days of my life.
7. Now that I am in Christ Jesus, Lord God make me to inherit your blessings in Gen.1:28.
8. My father and my God, build your hedge around me and my family, as you did to Job.
9. Lord Jesus, whatever I gave my life to before my repentance, that are still having bad influence on me, I command them to receive fire now!
10. Lord Jesus, take away every filthy garment from me and put on me the garment of favour, success and victory.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Now you are saved through the washing of rebirth and the renewal of the Holy Spirit to remain Christ’s.