DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 9TH SEPTEMBER 2020
”So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.” (Joshua 10:13 NIV)
For Reading and meditation: Joshua 10:5-13
Then Joshua said to the Lord in that day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel. And he said in the sight of Israel: “sunstand still over Gibeon, and you moon, over the valley of Aijalon”. So the sun stood still and the moon stopped until the people had avenged themselves on their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven and delayed going down about a whole day. A song writer wrote this
“Faith of our fathers, living faith, In spite of dungeon, fire and sword,
O how our hearts beat high with joy, when’er we hear that glorious word
Faith of our fathers holy faith We will be true to thee till end”.
God is able to stop the clock of earthly time at any moment. The book of Joshua says that when he did so for Joshua, the sun stood still and the moon stopped. It stopped rotating without being destroyed God honored Joshua’s faith in his miraculous power, even though he didn’t have scientific knowledge of astronomy. We cannot limit God. He is supernatural and all powerful. He has complete and total dominion over nature. In addition to orbiting the sun, the earth rotates on its axis, making a complete turn every twenty –four hours at a speed close to one thousand miles per hour. This rotation is what produces day and night sunrise and sunset.
God dwells in the now. He does not need time. He does not depend on either the day or the night to do his works. It wasn’t just in Joshua’s case but throughout the bible, God showed Himself to be a supernatural God of miracles. Faith enables us to move beyond the natural realm and to tap into God’s supernatural sphere and revelation knowledge. We must experience faith in order to see manifestation of His glory in our lives.
1. From today, I live by faith, I speak faith, I command faith, I manifest faith, I behave faith
2. The spirit of faithlessness, I reject you in Jesus’ name.
3. I command, anything militating against my success to be still and calm.
4. I take control of the land, air and sea and all the cardinal points. Any spiritual power in charge of you before now I frustrate all their plans.
5. In the name of Jesus Christ I refuse to give up in life. I must finish well in Jesus name. Amen
6. Lord, give me grace not to die before my time in Jesus name
7. Lord, I command every satanic power fast forwarding my days and my years toward untimely death to die by fire.
8. I command the sun and the moon of each day to favor me.
9. Any altar withholding the manifestation of my success, I command you to release my success by fire.
10. I receive faith to conquer every mountain surrounding me in Jesus name.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Faith is the anchor with which we connect with God