“And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid…… (1Samuel 1:11)
For Reading and Meditation: 1Samuel 1:1-11.
O ne big concern of God about us is our reactions towards Him and others when we have received our breakthroughs. It is said that money does not change people, instead it brings out their real personality. Some, after
receiving blessings from God, bring out their true nature. The concern of reacting negatively after one’s petitions are granted is expressed in Deut.6:7-12; 8:10-17. Man, often times, like Jeshurun, forget the Giver
and focuses on the gift. Deut. 32:15 says, “but Jeshurun waxed fat and kicked…” but the prayer of Hannah is the opposite of Jeshurun is reaction to God’s blessing. Hannah was barren and did not just prayed but also spelt out what she would do with the male child she was asking for. Why won’t God answer her prayer when she had already sacrificed the yet-to-be-received child on the altar of thanksgiving to God? Today is set aside for thanksgiving, how prepared are you? Let’s remember all that God has been doing for us and give quality thanksgiving to God.
Today is the day to give back to God. Even if you feel you have not received what you are requesting for from God, remember that Hannah gave at the point of asking. She committed God by giving Samuel back to God even before she received him. Give with faith and God will respond to you with faith “for God loveth a cheerful giver” (2 Cor. 9:7KJV).
1. Today is the day of thanksgiving therefore I give you all the praise and glory.
2. Please accept my worship and thanksgiving so that you can open the windows of heaven for me.
3. O Lord give me the heart of gratitude.
4. My Father! My Father! as I praise you today let every problem disappear from my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. In your presence, O God, there is fullness of joy, may your joy accompany me home.
6. O lord accept me and my thanksgiving and release your blessing upon my life.
7. I refuse to cry, I will not sorrow, and instead I will continue to rejoice in the Lord.
8. In the mighty name of Jesus, I degree upon my life and source of income, receive grace to flourish.
9. By next year Divine Encounter thanksgiving I want to thank God in a special way. O God do it for me.
10. Let there be a rain of blessing in my life today and evermore. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Show me a man who became poor just because he gave too much to God.