Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go
unless you bless me.” (Genesis 32:26 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Gen. 32:24-28.
“Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak…Then the man said, ‘let me go, for it is daybreak.’ But Jacob replied, ‘I will not let you go unless you bless me.’ (Gen 32:24-26) To contend means to fight, to wrestle, to insist, to strive, or to vie with rivalry against difficulties. All of
God’s faithful servants have contended for God’s blessing upon their lives at one point or the other, from Abel to the present day believers. When Jacob
wrestled with an angel to receive a blessing from God (Genesis 32:24-28.), he had his name change to Israel; Jacob’s dear wife, Rachel, was also eager
to see God’s promise to her husband come to pass
through her. But she was unable to have children for her husband. When this caused her much pain, she continued contending in prayer despite her
discouraging situation. She never gave up hope. And God heard her sincere prayers, and she felt blessed when she finally had children. That is why
she said: “With strenuous wrestling I have wrestled . . . I have also come out the winner!”—Genesis 30:8, 22-24. People of God, to have God’s approval and blessing upon your life, you need to contend for it in today’s DIVINE ENCOUNTER in prayer of faith. YES, I MEAN WITH PRAYER OF FAITH! Your faith enables you to see the hidden blessings you are contending for.
Faith is the principle that govern contending for the unseen blessings. Through faith you are able to see the unseen blessings. You cannot contend for what you do not believe exist. Therefore, to contend for a blessing your faith has not seen is like a boxer striking the air.
As a child of God – “saved by grace through faith “, you have to believe in the existence of your blessings as promised in the Holy Scriptures or that came to you as a prophetic promise (1 Timothy 1:10). Even though it doesn’t seem to have physical evidence that it exists, but because “faith is a substance of things hope for” “substance” according to English dictionaries are “physical matter or material possessions, estate, property or resources.” It therefore means that whatever your faith is able to see, is a “substance”, it therefore exists and should be contended for. Today, God is saying, “as far as your faith can see, contend for it, and I the LORD will give it to you”. (GEN.13:14-15). You can win and you will win the fight against Satan for the manifestation of your blessings in Jesus’ name Amen.
1. Thank God for the victory so far.
2. My Father, the God of all graces, I receive Your grace and power to contend for my blessings, I soak my prayer life in the blood of Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
3. My Father and my God, every dark conspiracy to abort my hidden blessings, be scattered unto desolation in Jesus’ name.
4. Powers of delay assigned to hinder the manifestation of my hidden blessings this year, by the mighty power of God, be CRUMBLED to dust and be SCATTERED by the wind of the Holy Ghost in Jesus’ name.
5. My Father, the Almighty God, let every enemy from my father’s house and my mother’s house, visiting witch doctors for the sake of caging my hidden blessings, ‘‘WAKA LOSE BY FIRE” in Jesus name.
6. My Father, release Your angels into the land of the dead and the living, in search of my stolen blessings, let there be recovery now in Jesus’ name.
7. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, let every evil power sitting on my breakthrough fall down and be paralysed by Your fire and thunder in Jesus’ name.
8. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, I withdraw the control of my blessing from the hands and domination of household enemies in Jesus name.
9. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, let the evil desires of my enemies over my life and destiny be shattered by the blood of Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
10. Wherever my hidden blessings are buried, by the irresistible voice in the blood of Jesus, I call you forth now! COME OUT AND ENTER MY LIFE NOW!!! in Jesus’ name.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Keep fighting, keep contending, and keep persevering in your prayer of faith. You can be absolutely sure that the GOD OF DIVINE ENCOUNTER will “pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”—Malachi 3:10