DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 12TH AUGUST 2020
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10 NIV)
For reading and Meditation: Is. 41:1-10 & Jn. 14
Fear is one of the greatest weapon of the devil to destroy a believer’s life. Whenever fear comes faith dies. From the passage, God is encouraging the Israelites not to be afraid. He assures them of His ever presence with them to help them. The children of Israel understood the fact that God had always been with them right from when they were in the land of their enemies. God is always speaking positive and great things over our lives but the devil quickly brings the thought of fear to stop those things from manifesting. From the above, God is speaking to you directly not to fear. He has always been with us in everything we do and that is the reason he is asking us not to be afraid. ‘Only believe’ on the other hand is charging us to substitute our fears with faith in God. Fear kills faith, and faith kills fear. It depends on the one you give priority to. Believing God includes some actions on your faith. When we decide to believe in God, we must decide to follow His ways.
What we do shows what we really believe. Can people tell that you are a real member of God’s family because of your faith? In Genesis 15:6 (see also Rom 4:3) scripture says “Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness”. This shows what our believing in God can earn us.
Abraham demonstrated his faith through his actions that made him right with God; we too can have a right relationship with God by trusting him. Our outward actions – church attendance, prayer and our good deeds will not by themselves make us right with God. A right relationship is base on faith – the heart –felt inner confidence that God is who he says He is and does what He says He will do. There is a saying that – seeing is believing; I will quickly says here that believing is also seeing. We do not see Christ physically now, we only have to believe in Him and we will see wonders and miracles.
Beloved, for you to be a partaker of God’s wonders and miracles today, only one thing is needed from you. ONLY BELIEVE.
1. O God, thank you for being there for me and for choosing me as yours in Jesus name. Amen
2. O God my Father, take away from my life any challenge eating up my faith in you in Jesus’ name. Amen.
3. My Father, My Father, restore my hope in you in Jesus’ name. Amen.
4. My Father and my God, help me to stand always by your word in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. Father! Give me grace to live in faith and dominion over fear in the name of Jesus. Amen.
6. Whatever battle my father, mother, elder brothers or sisters could not conquer, give me grace to conquer them in Jesus’ name. Amen.
7. O God my Father, give me grace to become a terror to the powers that are terrorizing my family. May my fear begin to fear me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
8. Lord, whatever fear deprived me from doing before, I receive grace to do them now.
9. Every situation of my life giving me fear, Lord, give me courage to conquer them in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
10. O God my Father, may my faith in you be greatly rewarded in Jesus’ name. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“… blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed”. John 20 :29 b