DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAMME – 19TH AUGUST 2020
“Though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. (Psalm 37:24 NIV)
For reading and Meditation: Psalm 37:10-24
Assurance is certainty or confidence about one’s beliefs or actions. The assurance of hope, Hebrew 6:1, the ‘assurance of faith’ Hebrew 10:22; 11:1 and the assurance of blessing which was and still in Christ, Romans 15:29. That is enough assurance for every Christian to trust God for. God will not abandon His people Psalms 138:8. God’s promises lasts forever, Jeremiah 32:40. The assurance of our Lord God is blessed assurance.
Sing or read this hymn. Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchase of love Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood
This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Saviour, all the day long,
This description is enough for you to have faith in the assurances of God for you. There is also ‘False assurance’ which is very dangerous. (Luke 18:30). Verse 21 says, ”All this l have kept since I was a boy”. This rich man is hanging his assurance on the laws he has kept all along and reliance on what he has done. Jesus said to him, ”you still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor and you will have eternal treasure in heaven. Then, come and follow me. The rich man became very sad because he was a man of great wealth”. Deceitful assurance is very dangerous.
We are assured of Eternal life(John 5:24). The Lord will not refuse any who come to him, (John 6:37- 40). Our places in God’s service is secure, (John 10:27-28). Jesus says – l give them eternal life and they shall never perish, no one can snatch them from my hand. Be rest assured that Christians have a place with God (Romans 5:1-5). No one can earn assurance or security with God. Assurance of salvation is God’s gift. God who has began the work of salvation in Christians also provides the necessary assurance to bring His work to its completion in the day of Christ. (Philippians 1:6). God in Christ protects and keeps Christians, (John 10:27-29; 1 Thess. 3:3)
The scriptural view of assurance or security is rooted in the conviction that when Jesus departed from the disciples, the Lord did not leave them as orphan or leave them without support. The Holy Spirit, the comforter as sent, is with you who read this message now. That is God’s assurance for you. You are blessed.
1. Thank you Lord for your word of assurance for me. I am grateful.
2. Let your Spirit plant your word into my heart and move me to trust you always.
3. Spirit of the Lord come and live inside of me. Drive out of me every spirit that does not belong to you in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
4. By the assurance of your word, Lord may my testimony receive speed of manifestation in Jesus name.
5. You satanic powers suppressing me spiritually, I command you to catch fire now!
6. I release fire upon every coven that is planning my downfall in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
7. Angels of war come and set me free from every demonic possession in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
8. Lord, by the assurance of your divine promises, I must make it in this world in the name of Jesus Christ.
9. Every demonic siege that is holding me bound, I command you in the name of Jesus Christ, Catch fire!
10. By the assurance of God’s word, I must fulfill my destiny in Jesus’ name. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“God can not lie” His word is ye and amen