Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go
unless you bless me.” (Genesis 32:26 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Gen. 32:24-28.
“Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak…Then the man said, ‘let me go, for it is daybreak.’ But Jacob replied, ‘I will not let you go unless you bless me.’ (Gen 32:24-26) To contend means to fight, to wrestle, to insist, to strive, or to vie with rivalry against difficulties. All of
God’s faithful servants have contended for God’s blessing upon their lives at one point or the other, from Abel to the present day believers. When Jacob
wrestled with an angel to receive a blessing from God (Genesis 32:24-28.), he had his name change to Israel; Jacob’s dear wife, Rachel, was also eager
to see God’s promise to her husband come to pass
through her. But she was unable to have children for her husband. When this caused her much pain, she continued contending in prayer despite her
discouraging situation. She never gave up hope. And God heard her sincere prayers, and she felt blessed when she finally had children. That is why
she said: “With strenuous wrestling I have wrestled . . . I have also come out the winner!”—Genesis30:8, 22-24.People of God, to have God’s approval and blessingupon your life, you need to contend for it in today’sDIVINE ENCOUNTER in prayer of faith. YES, I MEANWITH PRAYER OF FAITH! Your faith enables you tosee the hidden blessings you are contending for.
Faith is the principle that govern contending for the unseen blessings. Through faith you are able to see the unseen blessings. You cannot contend for what you do not believe exist. Therefore, to contend for a blessing your faith has not seen is like a boxer striking the air.
As a child of God – “saved by grace through faith “, you have to believe in the existence of yourblessings as promised in the Holy Scriptures or thatcame to you as a prophetic promise (1 Timothy1:10). Even though it doesn’t seem to have physicalevidence that it exists, but because “faith is a substance of things hope for” “substance” accordingto English dictionaries are “physical matter or material possessions, estate, property or resources.” It therefore means that whatever yourfaith is able to see, is a “substance”, it therefore exists and should be contended for. Today, God issaying, “as far as your faith can see, contend for it, and I the LORD will give it to you”. (GEN.13:14-15).You can win and you will win the fight against Satan for the manifestation of your blessings in Jesus’name Amen.
1. Thank God for the victory so far.
2. My Father, the God of all graces, I receive Your grace and power to contend for my blessings, I soak my prayer life in the blood of Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
3. My Father and my God, every dark conspiracy to abort my hidden blessings, be scattered unto desolation in Jesus’ name.
4. Powers of delay assigned to hinder the manifestation of my hidden blessings this year, by the mighty power of God, be CRUMBLED to dust and be SCATTERED by the wind of the Holy Ghost in Jesus’ name.
5. My Father, the Almighty God, let every enemy from my father’s house and my mother’s house, visiting witch doctors for the sake of caging my hidden blessings, ‘‘WAKA LOSE BYFIRE” in Jesus name.
6. My Father, release Your angels into the land of the dead and the living, in search of my stolen blessings, let there be recovery now in Jesus’ name.
7. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, let every evil power sitting on my breakthrough fall down and be paralysed by Your fire and thunder in Jesus’ name.
8. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, I withdraw the control of my blessing from the hands and domination of household enemies in Jesus name.
9. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, let the evil desires of my enemies over my life and destiny be shattered by the blood of Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
10. Wherever my hidden blessings are buried, by the irresistible voice in the blood of Jesus, I call you forth now! COME OUT AND ENTER MY LIFE NOW!!! in Jesus’ name.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Keep fighting, keep contending, and keep persevering in your prayer of faith. You can be absolutely sure that the GOD OF DIVINE ENCOUNTER will “pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”—Malachi 3:10
”Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.” (Genesis 21:2 NIV)
For Reading and meditation: Gen. 17:1-11; 21:1-3
God is a God of integrity. He stands by his word, just as God does not change, He can never change anything He has said concerning us. God can do all things, but the only thing God cannot do is to tell a lie, He cannot lie because it is not His nature. God is a covenant keeper and he is ever faithful to His promises. The fact that we experience delay many times does not mean God has forsaken or denied us.
He knows the right time to bring to pass that which He has said concerning you, He has made everything beautiful in its time, He has also set eternity in the heart of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Because many times, we don’t know the mind and will of God for our lives, we think God has abandoned us and does not care any longer.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, “I know the plans I have foryou, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future”. Because of God’s love for us, He will not change his plan even if we decide today to change, because the plan of God
for us is always the best. According to our readings for today, God made promised to Abraham and Sarah that he will give them heir that will take over from them. But after many years that promised did not come through, both of them lost faith in God. Satan lied to them that It was not possible for them to have the promised child and that it was already late. But God intervene to show to them that It was possible for them to have their promised child even in old aged. With God all things are possible, for that
which is impossible with man is possible with God. With God nothing is too late, God is always on point. Whatever God has promised you according to his purpose for your life, He will do it, don’t give up. We have enough evidence in the scriptures to show that God cannot lie, he has always been faithful to his word. “As the rain and the due come down fromheaven and do not return to it without watering theearth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields
seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what in desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah55:10-11) No matter what you are passing
through right now, count on God’s faithfulness.
1. Father thank you for your Word that will be fulfilled in my life today.
2. Every evil prophecy hanging over my life be destroyed by fire.
3. My father my God any evil word spoken that is fighting my life, scatter by fire.
4. Father, let every evil handwriting of ordinances that is against me be nailed to the cross in Jesus name – Colossians 2:14.
5. Every voice speaking against my opportunities be silent and die in Jesus’ name .
6. Father let my life be evidence of your great miracles in Jesus name.
7. You powers chasing miracles away from me be separated from me now in Jesus’ name.
8. My Father my Maker give me a miracle that will put laughter in my mouth.
9. Glory of the living God possess me and announce my name for good in Jesus’ name
10. Every satanic police assigned to arrest my glory, catch fire and die in Jesus’ name
11. Check point of darkness assigned to stop my progress, scatter now in Jesus’ name
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“The one who called you is faithful and he will do it”.
“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. (2
Corinthians 1:20 NIV).
For Reading and Meditation:2 Cor. 1:10-20
Have you ever faced disappointment in life? Have you been so hopeful as a result of a promise someone made to you but only to be disappointed? This is not a surprise because the promise was made by a fellow human being. But do you know that God does not fail at all? Throughout the Bible there are some seemingly impossible things that God promised. For example, God promised Abraham a son when he was already 99yrs old, promised to give the land of Canaan to Abraham’s descendants, promised to
deliver the Israelites from Egypt, promised to make rivers of waters in the wilderness, bring water out of a rock, promised virgin Mary a Son without
relationship with a man, etc. All these God fulfilled.
His promises are Yes and Amen in Jesus Christ. Nothing is too difficult for him to bring to pass. We are confident that God will never fail in His promises for the Bible says “For thou hast magnified thy word
above all thy name.” (Psalm 138:2). Brethren, I guarantee you one thing today that it is not God that will fail His side of His covenant with you. His promises are ever sure. Trust in him as he had been trusted by the Saints of old and you will be glad you did.
1. Lord I worship you because of who You are. You are beyond human comprehension. Glory be to You O God!
2. Every spirit of disappointment that is following me, I destroy you in the name of Jesus Christ!
3. You spirit of near success syndrome, I imprison you forever in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
4. As believers from all over Nigeria, we decree over this nation that every power behind the failure of our government be destroyed by the power of God in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. I refuse to be a beggar. I will not beg to eat. I decree over my life that I am a giver and not a beggar in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
6. Power of God fall upon my life and business. Let every power of disappointment disappear in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen!
7. O Lord, release upon me the spirit of obedience to your Word. Help me to follow you till the end in Jesus’ name. Amen.
8. I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus Christ. I declare myself untouchable in the mighty name of Jesus Christ! Amen!
9. By the power of the living God, I cut off every tongue that is accusing me and my family in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
10. God, please bless me abundantly so that I can fulfill my vows in your house and also settle all those I promised. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
God is always proving to mankind that he is the Lord by intervening in difficult times
“I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. (Malachi 3:6 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Malachi 3:1-6
God is Almighty, He does not fail nor change. Before the beginning began He had been in existence and had all things planned and in control. There’s nothing like a coincidence or mistake before our God. When He makes promises He keeps His Word from falling to the ground. He
never changes but remains the same forever. Hebrews 13:8 says “Jesus Christ the sameyesterday, and today, and forever.” Several times Satan tried to wipe out the Israelites, but because of God’s love and everlasting promises
Satan has always been a failure. The Psalmist says, “Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. (Psalm 127:1). If notfor God Israel would have been consumed by surrounding enemies. So also, God is keeping us by
his word. He does not change, neither does he change nor fails in his promises for us. When has God change his mind because of difficulties? No,
God is not a human being, He is not a subordinate creature, but He is the most Supreme to whom belongs all powers and dominion. Trust in Him at all times. If He hasn’t changed before now He will not start changing in your time.
1. Glory be to you O God for your unchanging nature and promises. Receive all the glory now and forever. Amen.
2. My God and my Redeemer, I have failed you many times. Many times I failed to keep my promises. Please forgive me and don’t take your love from me.
3. O Lord my God please deliver me from the hands of death and lift me up above my enemies.
4. I have promised to follow you O God! Let temptations that want to make me change my mind be taken out of my way in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. You ancestral covenant that has been in operation in my family I command you to be destroyed now in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
6. I rebuke the gates of Hell and the powers of darkness that are fighting against my life and family. Catch fire!
7. By the authority in the name of Jesus Christ I command every bad situation in my life and family to change for my good now!
8. O you mountain of impossibilities I command you to be destroyed forever in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
9. I speak the peace of God into my life and family in the name of Jesus. Every crisis in my life, I command you to disappear forever. Amen.
10. You power of darkness enslaving my life I command you to catch fire in the mighty name of Jesus Christ! Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
The God that is supreme and above time and all circumstances is not and cannot be subjected to change.
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (Romans 5:5 NIV)
For reading and Meditation: Romans 5:1-5
Hope is likened to a light that one in darkness sees from afar. Although it doesn’t give him light in his darkness, it gives life to his mind to enable him survive the present dark hour. Hope keeps you going even when everything around seems to be failing, Hope assures you of a better
tomorrow. Hope, faith and patience are basic ingredients for daily survival in life. Anyone that is rich in these does not give up at all, even in the face
of the fiercest situations. Have you received any prophecy or word of promise from God and yet feel disappointed? Summon courage and wait for it. God will surely bring His word to pass.
Remember this: “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and retureneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: so shall My word be that which goeth forth out of My month: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it”
(Isaiah 55:10-11). His promises are sure, if you put your faith in them you will never be disappointed.
1. Father thank you for keeping us alive to see yet another day.
2. O Lord take away every plan of death from my way and bless me with long life.
3. In the name of Jesus I rebuke every demonic stronghold. Let them catch fire in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. O you mountain of backwardness, I command you to become plain in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. Every evil spirit of suicide that is operating in Nigeria, we bind you in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
6. Strengthen my faith O God and help me to be faithful till the day of my manifestation in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen
7. As many that are waiting upon God that are about giving up, we pray for you that you receive grace to stand. May God Almighty speed up your miracle in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
8. Open your mouth and pray for the Vicar and all Divine Encounter ministers. May God protect and release more of his Anointing upon them. Amen.
9. O God I shall not die before my time! Deliver me from every power of untimely death in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
10. Pray for Nigeria and all our leaders that God alone should reign over this nation, that the power of wickedness be destroyed from our land.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
It is not strength that keeps us going but hope because there is no strength that is not fueled by hope.
The LORD within her is righteous; he does no wrong. Morning by morning he dispenses his justice, and every new day he does not fail, yet the unrighteous know no shame. (Zephaniah 3:5 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Zeph. 3.1-5)
God is Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent. These attributes of God are so powerful that it is very much impossible for God to fail. He is in control of everything, including times and seasons. The wars, hunger, earthquakes, increase in wickedness and rebellion, etc. have all been predicted in the Bible.
It is not that God has no power to cause all these evils to cease now but He
has a set time to bring them all to an end. But do you know that some persons have concluded that God has failed to take care of the world he
created? Some are questioning God’s promises and power to save, heal and bless, Brethren be encouraged today, Be reassured that God does not
fail at all.
Since creation the clouds have never broken loose to fall on us, the mighty seas and oceans have not failed to contain their waters, the sky has not let the stars or moon or sun to fall on us. If God’s eternal Word with which the whole world was created has not fail, then why do you think that God is going to fail you? Trust in him with all your heart and he will bring his promises to pass in your life.
1. Thank you Lord, for you alone are worthy to be praise.
2. Father, please strengthen my faith in you. Help me to be steadfast to the end Amen.
3. O you power form the pit of Hell, that is causing me pains and tears, I tear you down now in Jesus’ name. Amen.
4. Father, speak to my fainting heart and reassure me, Help me from falling, Amen.
5. I command every spirit of discouragement and suicide to die out of my life and family in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. Let every gate of Hell that is raised against me catch fire now in Jesus’ name. Amen.
7. I speak peace, favor, blessings and of all God’s goodness into my life. I shall make it in the name of Jesus Christ.
8. O Lord help me to make Heaven. Please save my soul from the fire of Hell.
9. You evil arrow that has been fired into my life, backfire in Jesus’ name. Amen.
10. I cover myself with the blood of Jesus Christ. I will not fail because my God is not a failure
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
If God has not failed once before why do you think He will start failing in your time?