DIVINE ENCOUNTER LIVE PROGRAM – 30TH SEPTEMBER 2020
“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen; I will be exalted in the earth” (Psalm 46:10)
For reading and meditation: Psalm 46:1-11
T he Egyptians soldiers were pressing hard from behind, before the Israelites was the red sea, yet God wanted them to be still. How much sense does it make to tell a defenseless people with children, aged parents, livestock and all their properties in the wilderness to “hold your peace”? (Exodus 14:14). But do you know what? God said it when the children of Israel were in their first dilemma.
Even in that situation God commanded Moses to tell the children of Israel to move forward. Move forward to where? It sounded like God was no longer seeing the Red sea he created that was before the Israelites. You that is reading this today how would you feel if God tells you to be still when you are between the Egyptian’s Army and the Red sea? The people cried to Moses but when Moses cried to God He commanded Moses to tell the people to move forward. The truth is that, even in that horrible situation God wanted the Israelites to be still, without worries. God made a way through the Red sea. No wonder he wasn’t seeing the Red sea as an obstacle. Let us learn how to be still before God, God is nearer to us than we think.
1. Almighty Father thank you. I have nothing to give you but just to say “Thank you Lord”.
2. O Lord forgive my unfaithfulness and my lack of faith. Amen.
3. Arise and intervene in my situation. Though I am weary, I have hope that with you I will overcome. Amen.
4. Every evil mouth that is cursing me, I command you to be dumb in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. My Father! My Father! arise and let my enemies be scattered in the name of Jesus Christ! Amen!
6. “Who saith a thing and it commeth to pass when God has not said it?” You evil tongue speaking evil things against me I cut
you off in the name of Jesus Christ! Amen.
7. O Lord give me strength to finish this race. I refuse to give up in life.
8. I will never die prematurely but I will live to see my third and fourth generations in Jesus’ name. Amen.
9. Give me the grace to serve you well until I die in Jesus Christ’s name I pray. Amen.
10. Father, Heaven is my final goal, help me to make Heaven in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
God is always proving to mankind that he is the LORD by intervening in difficult times