“And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid…… (1Samuel 1:11)
For Reading and Meditation: 1Samuel 1:1-11.
O ne big concern of God about us is our reactions towards Him and others when we have received our breakthroughs. It is said that money does not change people, instead it brings out their real personality. Some, after
receiving blessings from God, bring out their true nature. The concern of reacting negatively after one’s petitions are granted is expressed in Deut.6:7-12; 8:10-17. Man, often times, like Jeshurun, forget the Giver
and focuses on the gift. Deut. 32:15 says, “but Jeshurun waxed fat and kicked…” but the prayer of Hannah is the opposite of Jeshurun is reaction to God’s blessing. Hannah was barren and did not just prayed but also spelt out what she would do with the male child she was asking for. Why won’t God answer her prayer when she had already sacrificed the yet-to-be-received child on the altar of thanksgiving to God? Today is set aside for thanksgiving, how prepared are you? Let’s remember all that God has been doing for us and give quality thanksgiving to God.
Today is the day to give back to God. Even if you feel you have not received what you are requesting for from God, remember that Hannah gave at the point of asking. She committed God by giving Samuel back to God even before she received him. Give with faith and God will respond to you with faith “for God loveth a cheerful giver” (2 Cor. 9:7KJV).
1. Today is the day of thanksgiving therefore I give you all the praise and glory.
2. Please accept my worship and thanksgiving so that you can open the windows of heaven for me.
3. O Lord give me the heart of gratitude.
4. My Father! My Father! as I praise you today let every problem disappear from my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. In your presence, O God, there is fullness of joy, may your joy accompany me home.
6. O lord accept me and my thanksgiving and release your blessing upon my life.
7. I refuse to cry, I will not sorrow, and instead I will continue to rejoice in the Lord.
8. In the mighty name of Jesus, I degree upon my life and source of income, receive grace to flourish.
9. By next year Divine Encounter thanksgiving I want to thank God in a special way. O God do it for me.
10. Let there be a rain of blessing in my life today and evermore. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Show me a man who became poor just because he gave too much to God.
Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.” But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go
unless you bless me.” (Genesis 32:26 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Gen. 32:24-28.
“Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak…Then the man said, ‘let me go, for it is daybreak.’ But Jacob replied, ‘I will not let you go unless you bless me.’ (Gen 32:24-26) To contend means to fight, to wrestle, to insist, to strive, or to vie with rivalry against difficulties. All of
God’s faithful servants have contended for God’s blessing upon their lives at one point or the other, from Abel to the present day believers. When Jacob
wrestled with an angel to receive a blessing from God (Genesis 32:24-28.), he had his name change to Israel; Jacob’s dear wife, Rachel, was also eager
to see God’s promise to her husband come to pass
through her. But she was unable to have children for her husband. When this caused her much pain, she continued contending in prayer despite her
discouraging situation. She never gave up hope. And God heard her sincere prayers, and she felt blessed when she finally had children. That is why
she said: “With strenuous wrestling I have wrestled . . . I have also come out the winner!”—Genesis 30:8, 22-24. People of God, to have God’s approval and blessing upon your life, you need to contend for it in today’s DIVINE ENCOUNTER in prayer of faith. YES, I MEAN WITH PRAYER OF FAITH! Your faith enables you to see the hidden blessings you are contending for.
Faith is the principle that govern contending for the unseen blessings. Through faith you are able to see the unseen blessings. You cannot contend for what you do not believe exist. Therefore, to contend for a blessing your faith has not seen is like a boxer striking the air.
As a child of God – “saved by grace through faith “, you have to believe in the existence of your blessings as promised in the Holy Scriptures or that came to you as a prophetic promise (1 Timothy 1:10). Even though it doesn’t seem to have physical evidence that it exists, but because “faith is a substance of things hope for” “substance” according to English dictionaries are “physical matter or material possessions, estate, property or resources.” It therefore means that whatever your faith is able to see, is a “substance”, it therefore exists and should be contended for. Today, God is saying, “as far as your faith can see, contend for it, and I the LORD will give it to you”. (GEN.13:14-15). You can win and you will win the fight against Satan for the manifestation of your blessings in Jesus’ name Amen.
1. Thank God for the victory so far.
2. My Father, the God of all graces, I receive Your grace and power to contend for my blessings, I soak my prayer life in the blood of Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
3. My Father and my God, every dark conspiracy to abort my hidden blessings, be scattered unto desolation in Jesus’ name.
4. Powers of delay assigned to hinder the manifestation of my hidden blessings this year, by the mighty power of God, be CRUMBLED to dust and be SCATTERED by the wind of the Holy Ghost in Jesus’ name.
5. My Father, the Almighty God, let every enemy from my father’s house and my mother’s house, visiting witch doctors for the sake of caging my hidden blessings, ‘‘WAKA LOSE BY FIRE” in Jesus name.
6. My Father, release Your angels into the land of the dead and the living, in search of my stolen blessings, let there be recovery now in Jesus’ name.
7. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, let every evil power sitting on my breakthrough fall down and be paralysed by Your fire and thunder in Jesus’ name.
8. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, I withdraw the control of my blessing from the hands and domination of household enemies in Jesus name.
9. My Father and my God, by Your mighty power, let the evil desires of my enemies over my life and destiny be shattered by the blood of Jesus, in Jesus’ name.
10. Wherever my hidden blessings are buried, by the irresistible voice in the blood of Jesus, I call you forth now! COME OUT AND ENTER MY LIFE NOW!!! in Jesus’ name.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Keep fighting, keep contending, and keep persevering in your prayer of faith. You can be absolutely sure that the GOD OF DIVINE ENCOUNTER will “pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.”—Malachi 3:10
”Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.” (Genesis 21:2 NIV)
For Reading and meditation: Gen. 17:1-11; 21:1-3
God is a God of integrity. He stands by his word, just as God does not change, He can never change anything He has said concerning us. God can do all things, but the only thing God cannot do is to tell a lie, He cannot lie because it is not His nature. God is a covenant keeper and he is ever faithful to His promises. The fact that we experience delay many times does not mean God has forsaken or denied us.
He knows the right time to bring to pass that which He has said concerning you, He has made everything beautiful in its time, He has also set eternity in the heart of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Because many times, we don’t know the mind and will of God for our lives, we think God has abandoned us and does not care any longer.
Jeremiah 29:11 says, “I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”. Because of God’s love for us, He will not change his plan even if we decide today to change, because the plan of God
for us is always the best. According to our readings for today, God made promised to Abraham and Sarah that he will give them heir that will take over from them. But after many years that promised did not come through, both of them lost faith in God. Satan lied to them that It was not possible for them to have the promised child and that it was already late. But God intervene to show to them that It was possible for them to have their promised child even in old aged. With God all things are possible, for that
which is impossible with man is possible with God. With God nothing is too late, God is always on point. Whatever God has promised you according to his purpose for your life, He will do it, don’t give up. We have enough evidence in the scriptures to show that God cannot lie, he has always been faithful to his word. “As the rain and the due come down from heaven and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields
seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what in desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah55:10-11) No matter what you are passing
through right now, count on God’s faithfulness.
1. Father thank you for your Word that will be fulfilled in my life today.
2. Every evil prophecy hanging over my life be destroyed by fire.
3. My father my God any evil word spoken that is fighting my life, scatter by fire.
4. Father, let every evil handwriting of ordinances that is against me be nailed to the cross in Jesus name – Colossians 2:14.
5. Every voice speaking against my opportunities be silent and die in Jesus’ name .
6. Father let my life be evidence of your great miracles in Jesus name.
7. You powers chasing miracles away from me be separated from me now in Jesus’ name.
8. My Father my Maker give me a miracle that will put laughter in my mouth.
9. Glory of the living God possess me and announce my name for good in Jesus’ name
10. Every satanic police assigned to arrest my glory, catch fire and die in Jesus’ name
11. Check point of darkness assigned to stop my progress, scatter now in Jesus’ name
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
“The one who called you is faithful and he will do it”.
“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. (2
Corinthians 1:20 NIV).
For Reading and Meditation:2 Cor. 1:10-20
Have you ever faced disappointment in life? Have you been so hopeful as a result of a promise someone made to you but only to be disappointed? This is not a surprise because the promise was made by a fellow human being. But do you know that God does not fail at all? Throughout the Bible there are some seemingly impossible things that God promised. For example, God promised Abraham a son when he was already 99yrs old, promised to give the land of Canaan to Abraham’s descendants, promised to
deliver the Israelites from Egypt, promised to make rivers of waters in the wilderness, bring water out of a rock, promised virgin Mary a Son without
relationship with a man, etc. All these God fulfilled.
His promises are Yes and Amen in Jesus Christ. Nothing is too difficult for him to bring to pass. We are confident that God will never fail in His promises for the Bible says “For thou hast magnified thy word
above all thy name.” (Psalm 138:2). Brethren, I guarantee you one thing today that it is not God that will fail His side of His covenant with you. His promises are ever sure. Trust in him as he had been trusted by the Saints of old and you will be glad you did.
1. Lord I worship you because of who You are. You are beyond human comprehension. Glory be to You O God!
2. Every spirit of disappointment that is following me, I destroy you in the name of Jesus Christ!
3. You spirit of near success syndrome, I imprison you forever in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
4. As believers from all over Nigeria, we decree over this nation that every power behind the failure of our government be destroyed by the power of God in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. I refuse to be a beggar. I will not beg to eat. I decree over my life that I am a giver and not a beggar in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
6. Power of God fall upon my life and business. Let every power of disappointment disappear in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen!
7. O Lord, release upon me the spirit of obedience to your Word. Help me to follow you till the end in Jesus’ name. Amen.
8. I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus Christ. I declare myself untouchable in the mighty name of Jesus Christ! Amen!
9. By the power of the living God, I cut off every tongue that is accusing me and my family in Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.
10. God, please bless me abundantly so that I can fulfill my vows in your house and also settle all those I promised. Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
God is always proving to mankind that he is the Lord by intervening in difficult times
21st Oct., 2020
THE UNCHANGING GOD
“I the LORD do not change. So you, O descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed. (Malachi 3:6 NIV)
For Reading and Meditation: Malachi 3:1-6
God is Almighty, He does not fail nor change. Before the beginning began He had been in existence and had all things planned and in control. There’s nothing like a coincidence or mistake before our God. When He makes promises He keeps His Word from falling to the ground. He
never changes but remains the same forever. Hebrews 13:8 says “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.” Several times Satan tried to wipe out the Israelites, but because of God’s love and everlasting promises
Satan has always been a failure. The Psalmist says, “Except the LORD build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. (Psalm 127:1). If notfor God Israel would have been consumed by surrounding enemies. So also, God is keeping us by
his word. He does not change, neither does he change nor fails in his promises for us. When has God change his mind because of difficulties? No,
God is not a human being, He is not a subordinate creature, but He is the most Supreme to whom belongs all powers and dominion. Trust in Him at all times. If He hasn’t changed before now He will not start changing in your time.
1. Glory be to you O God for your unchanging nature and promises. Receive all the glory now and forever. Amen.
2. My God and my Redeemer, I have failed you many times. Many times I failed to keep my promises. Please forgive me and don’t take your love from me.
3. O Lord my God please deliver me from the hands of death and lift me up above my enemies.
4. I have promised to follow you O God! Let temptations that want to make me change my mind be taken out of my way in Jesus’ name. Amen.
5. You ancestral covenant that has been in operation in my family I command you to be destroyed now in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
6. I rebuke the gates of Hell and the powers of darkness that are fighting against my life and family. Catch fire!
7. By the authority in the name of Jesus Christ I command every bad situation in my life and family to change for my good now!
8. O you mountain of impossibilities I command you to be destroyed forever in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!
9. I speak the peace of God into my life and family in the name of Jesus. Every crisis in my life, I command you to disappear forever. Amen.
10. You power of darkness enslaving my life I command you to catch fire in the mighty name of Jesus Christ! Amen.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
The God that is supreme and above time and all circumstances is not and cannot be subjected to change.